To discuss any aspect of the planter boxes, contact Guy by email or by phone (0416 203067).
There are 7 planter boxes in Chute Street (5 on the north side of the road and 2 on the south side) plus a further 2 around the corner in Inglis Street. Each of these is a wicking bed.
The plantings thus far:
- Veggies: beans, beetroot, broad beans, carrot, celery, kale, lettuce, peas, radish, silverbeet, spinach, spring onions, strawberry and tomato.
- Herbs: basil, bay tree, chives, coriander, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, tarragon and thyme.
- Flowers: alysum, chamomile, marigolds, nasturtiums and violas.
- Pam for ongoing maintenance.
- Nathan Ezard for building the planter boxes.
- David, Guy, Liam, Nathan and Robyn for the initial planting of seedlings.
- Amelia, Elliot, Nikki and Susan for occasional maintenance.
- Felicity for designing the stencils.
- Dave and Charles from the CFA for filling the wicking beds with water.
- Mun for designing the ‘help yourself’ signs.
- Heidi for doing just about everything else!
- The Diamond Creek Traders’ Association and NICE (Nillumbik Initiatives, Communities and Enterprises) for providing funding.
- Bulleen Art & Garden Nursery for providing substantial discounts on a range of purchases.
Here are some pictures from the initial planting session, the subsequent opening event and the first harvest: