At the 22nd January market:
In terms of stallholders:
|Our 2017 calendar is now available. View the image below or download a high resolution pdf version.
Eltham Farmers’ Market is a bi-monthly market, held on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of every month, from 9am to 1pm. On each 2nd Sunday, there is also a Community Market Stall. On each 4th Sunday, there is a Food Swap from 10am to 11am.
There are a full range of stalls, from veggies and fruit to condiments and sweet treats. All the stallholders are from within Victoria, with more than half from within North East Melbourne (14 from Nillumbik and a further 18 from the surrounding suburbs). All are selling their own produce (i.e. no re-sellers).
Eltham Farmers’ Market is a plastic bag free market. So, remember to bring your own bags! In addition, as a substitute for plastic bags, market visitors will be offered two sustainable alternatives:
- A re-usable hessian bag. Quality lined hessian bags will be available at the LFC information marquee for $5 each.
- A ‘boomerang bag’. Boomerang bags are cloth bags made from recycled materials by volunteers. They willbe available at the LFC information marquee for visitors to borrow at no cost and returned back to the market at a future visit for someone else to use. Hence the word boomerang, as the bags (hopefully) keep coming back.
Our coffee provider (Yarra Coffee) has two ongoing offers that you might be interested in:
- If you provide your own cup, the price of a coffee is reduced by 50 cents.
- If you want free coffee grounds for your veggie patch, just ask.
The market has been accredited by the Victorian Farmers’ Market Association (VFMA). It is a Local Food Connect initiative.
For further information, to ask any questions, to make any points or to apply to become a stallholder, please email us at elthamFM@gmail.com or ring us on 0407 431366.
2017 Market Dates – the 2nd and 4th Sundays of every month
Our 2017 calendar is now available. View the image below or download a high resolution pdf version.
|2nd Sunday – market + community market stall||4th Sunday – market + food swap|
|8th January 2017 (9am-1pm)||22nd January 2017 (9am-1pm)|
|12th February 2017 (9am-1pm)||26th February 2017 (9am-1pm)|
|12th March 2017 (9am-1pm)||26th March 2017 (9am-1pm)|
|9th April 2017 (9am-1pm)||23rd April 2017 (9am-1pm)|
|14th May 2017 (9am-1pm)||28th May 2017 (9am-1pm)|
|11th June 2017 (9am-1pm)||25th June 2017 (9am-1pm)|
|9th July 2017 (9am-1pm)||23rd July 2017 (9am-1pm)|
|13th August 2017 (9am-1pm)||27th August 2017 (9am-1pm)|
|10th September 2017 (9am-1pm)||24th September 2017 (9am-1pm)|
|8th October 2017 (9am-1pm)||22nd October 2017 (9am-1pm)|
|12th November 2017 (9am-1pm)||26th November 2017 (9am-1pm)|
|10th December 2017 (9am-1pm)||17th December 2017 (9am-1pm)*|
* In December, the market will be held on the 3rd Sunday, rather than the usual 4th Sunday, to allow people to do their Christmas shopping. There will not be a food swap at this market.
Location and Directions – Eltham Town Mall, 10-18 Arthur Street
By public transport
There is a regular train service from Melbourne to Eltham via the Hurstbridge line. For train times go to Metro Trains. The market is a 5 minute walk from the station and bus terminus, which are on the west side of Main Road.
Drive to the centre of Eltham on Main Road and then turn into Dudley Street or Arthur Street. There is plenty of parking available nearby, in both Circulatory Road, which runs along the Eastern (uphill) side of the town centre, as well as in Dudley and Arthur Streets.
We aim to provide an experience that is accessible to all our community. The level bitumen surface of the site is an advantage for anyone with mobility issues and public seating is available. Access by car is good: the site is surrounded by car parks, including disabled parks, some of which are at the same level as the market.
There are 22 disabled parking bays in the immediate vicinity:
- 12 at Safeway/Woolworths (enter via Arthur Street).
- 6 at Coles (enter via Arthur Street).
- 2 in Dudley Street.
- 2 in the Circulatory Road car park.
Dogs are allowed at the market. Please keep your dog on a tight leash to avoid the lead becoming a tripping hazard and also be conscious that dogs can be a concern (particularly if frisky) to children and the elderly.
Have a look at our dog gallery.