This workshop will focus on edible gardening in small spaces (courtyards, balconies, and backyards). Subjects to be covered include:
- Seasonality, a basic discussion around what to plant and when.
- Planting and harvesting for year-round abundance.
- Bugs: their importance to gardens and how to help to get the right balance.
- Pest control.
- Reducing waste in the garden.
- Perennial food crop systems and small backyard orchards.
- Edible forest gardening.
Just turn up – no need to book.
Presented by Duncan Cocking, from Leaf, Root & Fruit Gardening Services. Duncan has a
science degree, majoring in Botany, and a Permaculture Design Certificate.