This workshop will focus on edible gardening in small spaces (courtyards, balconies, and backyards). Subjects to be covered include:
- Site analysis: working out where in the garden is best to grow plants.
- Vertical spaces and vertical gardens.
- Raised garden beds: materials, design and wicking beds.
- Soil and how to improve it.
- Container gardening: common pitfalls for new gardeners.
- Seeds vs seedlings and veggie patch layout.
- Variety selection: heirloom vs hybrid vs GMO.
- Organic fertilising regimes.
Just turn up – no need to book.
Presented by Duncan Cocking, from Leaf, Root & Fruit Gardening Services. Duncan has a
science degree, majoring in Botany, and a Permaculture Design Certificate.