What you will learn:
- Select and re-use suitable jars and how to sterilise them.
- How to use standard kitchen equipment to make preserves, without needing to buy specialist items.
- How to bottle fruit, and make jams, pickles and relishes and the science behind the techniques.
What you will get:
- Recipes all of the preserves made.
- Small (new) jars of the 4 preserves made on the day.
- Morning tea with real coffee and home-baked goodies.
- Preserving Basics booklet, authored by My Green Garden.
- Tastings of other preserves made by My Green Garden.
Learn how to preserve the seasonal abundance of fruits and veggies safely, using a variety of techniques. These techniques can be used on most fruit and veggies so that you learn to make your own delicious preserves, with no artificial additives and nasty numbers. No preserving background is assumed as we go through the science of how to prevent food spoilage using the preserving methods of bottling, jam-making, pickling and making relishes or chutneys using beautiful seasonal produce. Dehydrating is also demonstrated. They will cover the jars and lids to use, safe storage and use. The workshop will be fully hands-on, where you are involved from the processes from start to finish.