Tutor Jenna Farrington-Sear. This workshop will cover basic theory as well as the tactile pleasure of all the steps of making bread from milled flour. Suitable for both novices and those who want to expand their bread making repertoire.
Topics to be covered:
- The essential ingredients and tools of the trade.
- The principal steps of bread making.
- Baker’s percentage and hydration.
- Mixing, kneading and folding dough.
- Shaping loaves, scoring and baking.
- Maintaining a starter.
You will take home:
- A piece of dough which can be baked at home.
- A sourdough starter.
Please bring your own apron, cutting mat, tea towel and storage container/s for any leftovers. Recipes, tips, hints and food leftovers will be taken home by participants. Also, bring a medium sized bowl (eg. Pyrex 2L or 3L) and a small container or jar with a lid to store sourdough starter and take home.