Each month, a gardening-related quote is added to this page.
- “My life now is just trees. Trees and champagne.” by Judi Dench.
- “Gardening has just sort of grown on me. I find it therapeutic. And I like smelly things.” by Clive Anderson.
- “The best place to find God is in a garden. You can dig for him there.” by George Bernard Shaw.
- “I love things that are indescribable, like the taste of an avocado or the smell of a gardenia.” by Barbra Streisand.
- “Do not spread the compost on the weeds.” by William Shakespeare (in Hamlet).
- “I think we all have a dream of what it would be like not to work and grow heirloom tomatoes, and I do have that dream. It would be lovely. I do love gardening and all of that, but I also love my work.” by Helen Mirren.
- “My neighbour asked if he could use my lawnmower and I told him of course he could, so long as he didn’t take it out of my garden.” by Eric Morecambe.
- “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” by Audrey Hepburn.
(submitted by Sue Sedelies)