For details of local marmalade and jam makers, see the relevant part of the Local Food Directory.
J.B. Shackleton’s, a local marmalade maker from Wonga Park, won Double Gold medal for the best traditional marmalade in the 2017 World’s Original Marmalade Competition in the UK! Their winning marmalade was “Luxury Grapefruit Marmalade with a hint of Honey”.
In addition, they won silver medals for their Tahiti Lime and Orange marmalades, and a bronze medal for their Tangelo marmalade.
Their Tahiti Lime and Tangelo marmalades had previously won gold medals in 2015; their Tahiti Lime and Orange with Grand Marnier marmalades won silver medals in 2016; and their Lemon Jelly and Cumquat marmalades won silver medals in 2014.
We have tasted many of their marmalades and they really are yummy.
Well done, Lachlan!
Want to try some of their marmalade? If so, it is available at the following local shops:
- Bolton Street Deli & Liquor, Eltham.
- Deli World, Chirnside Park.
- De Bortoli Wines, Dixons Creek.
- East Ivanhoe Grocers.
- Kandi’s Fruit Supply, North Balwyn.
- Oakridge Wines, Coldstream.
- The Post Office, Wonga Park.
- Warrandyte Lollies and Treats.
- Yarra Valley Dairy, Yering.
- Yatta Farm Fresh, Coldstream