Unpack the mysteries of hive architecture, lean to build your own equipment, and get expert advice on using beekeeping tools. The topics to be covered will include:
- The pros and cons of different hive styles such as top bar, Warre’, Langstroth and poly.
- Different foundation styles and how to use them.
- How to assemble Langstroth beehive boxes and frames.
- Swarm bait hives/rescue boxes/nucleus hives.
- How and to use beekeeping tools like wiring jigs, frame making and painting jigs.
Led by Benedict Hughes. Participants will get to take home their first assembled and wired beehive frame.