What you will learn:
- How to coagulate milk using acid and rennet.
- How to stretch and shape mozzarella.
- How to make whole milk ricotta.
What you will get:
- Recipes and the essential techniques of cheesemaking.
- A tasting of the cheeses made.
- Notes about the major steps of cheesemaking and resources for quality milk and supplies.
- A 20% discount on cheesemaking kits and equipment purchased in conjunction with the workshop.
Join Jacqueline Bender as she demystifies the art of making two of Italy’s most beloved cheeses. You will make mozzarella and ricotta from bio-dynamic milk (or organic if unavailable) to be eaten at the conclusion of the class. Ricotta will be made from whole milk (paneer style), which you will roll in home-made dukkah (chopped nuts and spices).
Participants will be limited to 8 to maintain an informal interactive format.