What you will be told:
- A brief science and history behind grains, nutritional benefits and cooking techniques.
- Discover different ancient and whole grains.
- The ingenious methods of grain preparation our ancestors devised in order to extract the maximum nutrition and flavour from the grains.
What you will experience:
- Ancient methods of grain preparation like soaking, sprouting, sour-leavening, and fermentation.
- Prepare and sample four dishes that feature a different grain using different preparation techniques.
- Prepare sourdough bread starter and learn how to care for it.
- Make sourdough pita bread from scratch using sourdough starter (sourdough pita bread is a great nutritional alternative to a loaf of bread and easy to prepare).
- The opportunity to see, feel, smell and taste a range of grain based dishes.
What you will leave with:
- An appreciation of the health benefits of ancient and whole grains if prepared properly.
- Knowledge and practical experience how to prepare grains in your kitchen.
- Full recipes, instructions and how to’s.
- Sourdough bread starter and fermented rice starter and instruction on how to care for it.