What you will learn:
- Ins and outs of running an urban agriculture businesses.
- Crop planning, selling and marketing, tools, business models.
- Growing crops and mushrooms, harvesting, troubleshooting.
You will visit three urban agriculture businesses:
- Spoke & Spade in Heidelberg. Sim sells veggie boxes through a regular subscription and delivers some on a bike. The visit will include a tool demonstration.
- Streetle Street market garden is an urban farm with two locations: Thornbury and Fairfield. Co-farmed by Lucille and Pippa, it provides local people with weekly boxes of fresh, locally grown vegetables. The visit will include a harvesting and packing demonstration.
- The Mushroomery is a micro mushroom farm in Brunswick. Buttons supplies two restaurants and a farm gate with oyster mushrooms. The visit will include a hands-on experience of preparing a mushroom bucket for growing.