West Brunswick Community Garden and Food Forest
This garden is part membership-based and part allotments.
To discuss any aspect of the garden, contact Libby Harper by email. Also, see their Facebook page and website.
Behind 49 Everett Street, Brunswick West, 3055.
West Brunswick Community Garden and Food Forest has some old roots in Dunstan Reserve dating back to the early 1990s. The spaces were re-developed in 2011 and is now focussed on sustainable gardening, sharing, learning and growing together. The community garden space hosts a local community compost hub, 30 individual plots, a greenhouse, a meeting & shaded seating space, and a large communal gardening area.
There are 125 different trees and plants in a permaculture system. It is an educational space incorporating bushfood planting, semi-tropical planting, orchard space and a variety of other zones. It is always growing.
The garden is part of Moreland Community Gardening. Please join the group to be part of a vibrant community and to have fun.
There are regular meetups:
- Weekly meetup: every Friday, 10am-midday.
- Monthly seed savers meetup: 1st Sunday of every month, from 10am.
- Monthly communal gardening working bee: 2nd Sunday of every month, from 10am.
- Monthly food forest working bee: 3rd Saturday of every month, from 10am.
- Monthly garden and gather: 4th Sunday of every month, 11am-3pm (Mar-Nov) and 9am-1pm (Dec-Feb).
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.