We are open every Sunday
Help us comply with Government directives.
- Masks are no longer required outside but they are recommended when social distancing is difficult.
- Enter from Arthur Street (we will be operating a one way system).
- Maintain social distancing.
- Check in using our QR code.
And enjoy healthier shopping in the fresh air!
To stay informed, sign up to our Market Bulletin.
Our operating hours are currently 8.00am to 12.30pm every Sunday morning.
- We have a portable sink available for customer use with warm water hand washing facilities.
- Hand sanitiser is provided for customer use with touch free dispenser at each entrance.
- We encourage you to use cards for payment where possible.
- Customers are requested not to touch the produce.
We regret any inconvenience but dogs are not permitted (trained assistance dogs are welcome).
Please address enquiries (including stallholder enquiries) to Chris Chapple by phone (0407 431 366) or elthamFM@gmail.com
Eltham Farmers’ Market is held every Sunday, from 8.00am to 12.30pm. On the 4th Sunday of each month, there is a Food Swap from 9.30am to 10.30am. On selected Sundays, there is also a Community Market Stall.
The market is located on the car park at Eltham Town Mall, which is in the centre of Eltham at 10-18 Arthur Street. Entry is free.
The market offers a large range of stalls, from veggies and fruit to condiments and sweet treats. All the stallholders are from within Victoria, with around half from within North East Melbourne (around 15 from Nillumbik and a further 30 from the surrounding municipalities). This is a much higher number of truly local stallholders than at any other farmers’ market in Melbourne. All are selling their own produce (i.e. no re-sellers).
Eltham Farmers’ Market aims to be a single-use, plastic bag free market. Please bring your own bags. In addition, as a substitute for plastic bags, market visitors are offered two sustainable alternatives:
- A re-usable jute bag. Eltham Farmers’ Market branded jute bags are available at the information marquee for $5 each.
- A ‘boomerang bag’. Boomerang bags are bags contributed by the public. They are available at the information marquee for visitors to borrow at no cost and returned back to the market at a future visit. Hence the word boomerang, as the bags (hopefully) keep coming back.
The market offsets estimated CO2 emissions generated by our stallholders travelling to and from the market by partnering with Greenfleet to plant an equivalent amount of biodiverse native trees to offset the calculated CO2 emissions. The aim is to reduce the net food miles (after offsets) of the food you purchase at the market towards zero. Read more.
Our coffee provider (Yarra Coffee) has two ongoing offers that you might be interested in:
- If you provide your own cup, the price of a coffee is reduced by 50 cents [currently suspended due to Covid-19].
- If you want free coffee grounds for your veggie patch, just ask.
The market has been accredited by the Victorian Farmers’ Market Association (VFMA).
Eltham Farmers’ Market is a Local Food Connect initiative.
Please address any questions on the market, including stallholder enquiries, to Chris Chapple by phone (0407 431 366) or email (elthamFM@gmail.com).
Location and Directions – Eltham Town Mall, 10-18 Arthur Street
There is a regular train service from Melbourne to Eltham via the Hurstbridge line. For train times go to Metro Trains. The market is a 5 minute walk from the station and bus terminus, which are on the west side of Main Road.
Drive to the centre of Eltham on Main Road and then turn into Dudley Street or Arthur Street. There is plenty of parking available nearby, in both Circulatory Road, which runs along the Eastern (uphill) side of the town centre, as well as in Dudley and Arthur Streets.
We aim to provide an experience that is accessible to all our community. The level bitumen surface of the site is an advantage for anyone with mobility issues and public seating is available. Access by car is good: the site is surrounded by car parks, including disabled parks, some of which are at the same level as the market.
There are 16 disabled parking bays in the immediate vicinity:
- 12 at Safeway/Woolworths (enter via Arthur Street).
- 2 in Dudley Street.
- 2 in the Circulatory Road car park.