At the 20th January market:
Eltham Farmers’ Market is held every Sunday, from 9am to 1pm. On the 4th Sunday of each month, there is a Food Swap from 9.30am to 10.30am. On selected Sundays, there is also a Community Market Stall.
The market is located on the car park at Eltham Town Mall, which is in the centre of Eltham at 10-18 Arthur Street. Entry is free. Dogs are welcome.
There are a full range of stalls, from veggies and fruit to condiments and sweet treats. All the stallholders are from within Victoria, with around half from within North East Melbourne (17 from Nillumbik and a further 26 from the surrounding suburbs). All are selling their own produce (i.e. no re-sellers).
Eltham Farmers’ Market is a plastic bag free market. So, remember to bring your own bags! In addition, as substitute for plastic bags, market visitors will be offered two sustainable alternatives:
- A re-usable hessian bag. Quality lined hessian bags will be available at the LFC information marquee for $5 each.
- A ‘boomerang bag’. Boomerang bags are cloth bags made from recycled materials by volunteers. They will be available at the LFC information marquee for visitors to borrow at no cost and returned back to the market at a future visit for someone else to use. Hence the word boomerang, as the bags (hopefully) keep coming back.
Our coffee provider (Yarra Coffee) has two ongoing offers that you might be interested in:
- If you provide your own cup, the price of a coffee is reduced by 50 cents.
- If you want free coffee grounds for your veggie patch, just ask.
The market has been accredited by the Victorian Farmers’ Market Association (VFMA). It is a Local Food Connect initiative.
Please address any questions on the market, including stallholder enquiries, to Chris Chapple by phone (0407 431366) or email ([email protected]).
Location and Directions – Eltham Town Mall, 10-18 Arthur Street
There is a regular train service from Melbourne to Eltham via the Hurstbridge line. For train times go to Metro Trains. The market is a 5 minute walk from the station and bus terminus, which are on the west side of Main Road.
Drive to the centre of Eltham on Main Road and then turn into Dudley Street or Arthur Street. There is plenty of parking available nearby, in both Circulatory Road, which runs along the Eastern (uphill) side of the town centre, as well as in Dudley and Arthur Streets.
We aim to provide an experience that is accessible to all our community. The level bitumen surface of the site is an advantage for anyone with mobility issues and public seating is available. Access by car is good: the site is surrounded by car parks, including disabled parks, some of which are at the same level as the market.
There are 16 disabled parking bays in the immediate vicinity:
- 12 at Safeway/Woolworths (enter via Arthur Street).
- 2 in Dudley Street.
- 2 in the Circulatory Road car park.
Dogs are allowed at the market. Please keep your dog on a tight leash to avoid the lead becoming a tripping hazard and also be conscious that dogs can be a concern (particularly if frisky) to children and the elderly.
Have a look at our dog gallery.