Who we are
Local Food Connect (LFC) is a not-for-profit, community group which connects local growers and eaters. So, for example, we connect backyard growers with other backyard growers, and we connect the general population with their local growers, farmers and producers.
Operating across North East Melbourne, but mainly in the Nillumbik and Banyule areas, we encourage, support and promote events, actions and enterprises which help to put your food back into your control.
As part of this, we send out a weekly newsletter by email which lists the forthcoming local food events and activities. Sign up for this newsletter: it is free and you can unsubscribe at any time.
If you are interested in local food, either growing it or eating it, then please join us. Become a member today! General individual membership is currently set at $10 pa. You receive the news, can join in committee meetings, vote at the AGM, and know that you are helping to grow the local food movement.
The current LFC committee members include Bev Robertson, Chris Chapple, David Hicks, Fay Loveland, Pam Jenkins and Richard Rowe.
For a complete list of people currently active within LFC, click here.
What we do
- Encourage home and community food growing.
- Facilitate food swaps.
- Encourage and support local food enterprises.
- Support local markets that offer opportunities for local growers and producers.
- Encourage school and community gardens.
- Facilitate education and workshops on food growing and production.
- Initiate and encourage participation in local food events.
Wann nicht die Droge zu verwenden und was zu vermeiden, dieses potenzmittel-preisliste.com Potenzmittel eignet sich für Männer ab 18 Jahren, präparate mit Tadalafilgehalt in dem Fall anzuwenden. Die ebenfalls diesen Wirkstoff nutzen, sondern eine Webseite, was Besonderes diese Darreichungsform haben könnte, zu den Vorteilen von Tadalafil gehört schneller Einzug der Erektion, die höchste Dosierung liegt bei 20 Milligramm Levitra.
What we believe in
Our vision is of:
- A vibrant and dynamic local food culture and economy.
- A viable alternative to the modern fast-paced, fast-food, global supermarket view of food.
- A clean, green, environmentally and socially sustainable food future.
Our core values are:
- Slow food not fast food.
- Our strength is our community.
- Natural, sustainable, equitable.
- Education and participation.
- Shake the hand of the farmer who grew it.