When Angelo Eliades, from Preston, blogs about something, it is usually well worth reading. Here is a list of his posts which relate to food growing.
- Know and identify your chilli species.
- Can you grow grapes from seed? Garden mythbusting!
- Growing turmeric in the ground in temperate climates.
- Growing turmeric in containers in temperate climates.
- Layering overgrown tomato plants.
- Small-space intensive tomato growing.
- Growing pistachio nut trees.
- Grafting eggplant onto devil plant.
- Growing cranberries.
- Grape vine trellis.
- Chop and drop gardening (sheet composting).
- The difference between soft and hard mulches.
- Rooting edible plant cuttings in water.
- Seed raising mix – does it work?
- Starting annual vegetable seedlings indoors
- Understanding fertilisers – how and when to feed your garden.
- Biochar ancient origins, modern inspirations.
- Hot compost – composting in 18 days.
- Bokashi soil generator – turn food waste into nutrient-rich soil.
- Bokashi composting – how to process waste that can’t go in your compost or worm farm.
- Horticultural glues and tree banding trees to controls ants and other pests.
- Netting fruit trees for pest control.
- Apple tree problems – sun scald.
- Apple tree diseases – crown gall.
- Apple tree diseases and planting location.
- Why citrus fruit drops and flowers fail to develop.
- Citrus fruit splitting and prevention.
- Citrus nutrient deficiency yellow leaf with green veins.
- Citrus yellow veins on green leaf in winter.
- Controlling citrus gall wasp.
- How to prune tree branches.
- How to plant a fruit tree.
- Seed saving – how long can you keep seeds?
- Starting your permaculture garden.
- Weeding without chemicals or digging.
- The difference between seedling, grafted and cutting grown fruit trees.
- Backyard orchard culture.
- Your herb garden harvest – creative ways to use your herb bounty.
- The case for edible hedges.
- The chicken coop checklist.