When Angelo Eliades, from Preston, blogs about something, it is usually well worth reading. Here is a list of his posts which relate to food growing.
- How to prune figs, persimmons and pomegranates.
- How to prune grape vines – cane and spur pruning explained!
- Can you grow grapes from seed? Garden mythbusting!
- Grape vine trellis.
- Know and identify your chilli species.
- 15 herbs you can grow indoors.
- Growing turmeric in the ground in temperate climates.
- Growing turmeric in containers in temperate climates.
- Layering overgrown tomato plants.
- Small-space intensive tomato growing.
- Growing pistachio nut trees.
- Grafting eggplant onto devil plant.
- Growing cranberries.
- Formative pruning, central leader form – how to prune young fruit trees in the first three years.
- Formative pruning, vase form – how to prune young fruit trees in the first three years.
- How to prune a fruit tree, step by step.
- How to prune tree branches.
- How to plant a fruit tree.
- The difference between seedling, grafted and cutting grown fruit trees.
- Backyard orchard culture.
- What are the best rocks to use for building wicking beds?
- Should you put gravel or rocks at the bottom of plant pots for drainage?.
- How far do large tree roots extend?.
- Chop and drop gardening (sheet composting).
- The difference between soft and hard mulches.
- Rooting edible plant cuttings in water.
- Seed raising mix – does it work?
- Starting annual vegetable seedlings indoors
- Understanding fertilisers – how and when to feed your garden.
- Biochar ancient origins, modern inspirations.
- Hot compost – composting in 18 days.
- Bokashi soil generator – turn food waste into nutrient-rich soil.
- Bokashi composting – how to process waste that can’t go in your compost or worm farm.
- Garden arches, vertical gardening for more growing area in small spaces.
- A product review of a product called Urbipod Garden.
- Raised garden beds – what size is best?
- No dig gardening.
- Raised garden beds.
- Wicking bed construction.
- Hugelkultur bed construction for large and small spaces.
- Diy self-watering pots and mini wicking beds.
- Espalier support/trellis.
- How to control Queensland fruit fly in the home garden.
- Horticultural glues and tree banding trees to controls ants and other pests.
- Netting fruit trees for pest control.
- Apple tree problems – sun scald.
- Apple tree diseases – crown gall.
- Apple tree diseases and planting location.
- Why citrus fruit drops and flowers fail to develop.
- Citrus fruit splitting and prevention.
- Citrus nutrient deficiency yellow leaf with green veins.
- Citrus yellow veins on green leaf in winter.
- Controlling citrus gall wasp.