The two maps below illustrate where we are from in terms of the number of people who subscribe to our newsletter.
In the first map – proportional to the population, the area of the red blobs for each suburb is proportional to proportion of the population in that suburb who are newsletter recipients.
In the second map – absolute numbers, the area of the red blobs for each suburb is proportional to the number of newsletter recipients in that suburb.
- 15% live in Eltham, 15% in other parts of Nillumbik, 20% in Banyule and 50% from the rest of North East Melbourne (and elsewhere).
- The geographic spread has increased substantially over time – the proportion of new readers not living in Nillumbik or Banyule being:
- 2009-2011: 10%
- 2012-2013: 15%
- 2014: 25%
- 2015: 35%
- 2016: 50%
- 2017: 55%
- 2018: 60%
- 2019: 70%
- This increased spread is good(!) – we aim to cover the whole of North East Melbourne.
- Suburbs with more than 1% of their adult population being newsletter readers: Arthurs Creek, Bend of Islands, Briar Hill, Cottles Bridge, Eltham, Humevale, Hurstbridge, Kangaroo Ground, Montmorency, Nutfield, Panton Hill, Research, Smiths Gully, St Andrews, Strathewen, Warrandyte, Wattle Glen, Yarrambat, Yan Yean and Yering.
- Suburbs with more than 30 newsletter readers: Brunswick, Coburg, Diamond Creek, Doreen, Eltham, Eltham North, Greensborough, Hurstbridge, Macleod, Montmorency, Northcote, Preston, Research, Reservoir, Rosanna, Thornbury and Warrandyte.