For details of local marmalade and jam makers, see the relevant part of the Local Food Directory.
Lachlan, the the marmaladier at J.B. Shackleton’s, a local marmalade maker from Wonga Park, won a gold medal in the 2020 World’s Original Marmalade Competition in the UK! His winning marmalade was ‘Luxury Tangelo Marmalade with 11 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky’.
His Breakfast, Luxury Lime, Tahiti Lime, Tangelo and Grapefruit marmalades had previously won gold medals in 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2018. And his Orange with Grand Marnier marmalade, Blood orange marmalade, Cumquat marmalade, Lemon jelly and Orange won silver medals in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2020. In 2017, he was named ‘World’s Supreme Traditional Marmalade Maker 2017’.
We have tasted many of their marmalades and they really are yummy.
Well done, Lachlan!
Click on the left pictures below to read an article in the Warrandyte Diary following their 2017 wins, or the right hand picture to to read an article following their 2015 wins.
Want to try some of their marmalade? If so, it is available at the following local shops: Balgownie Estate, Yarra Glen; Bee Sustainable, Brunswick; De Bortoli Wines, Dixons Creek; East Ivanhoe Grocers; Foodworks, East Ivanhoe; Foodworks, Wonga Park; Metropolitan Foods, Templestowe; Oakridge Wines, Coldstream; and The Post Office, Wonga Park.
- Australian Harvest / Bio Grape from Coldstream.
- Benny’s Berries from Mooroolbark.
- Eastaway Food Products from Macleod.
- Just Picked from Yan Yean.
- Kookaberry Strawberry Farm from Wandin.
- More Than A Mouthful from Surrey Hills.
- Steffen’s Fine Foods from Eltham North.
- Weeping Grevillea Nursery from Kangaroo Ground.
- Yarra Valley Gourmet Foods from Mt Evelyn.