Certified Organic, award-winning, handmade gourmet foods that not only taste great but are also good for you. Horseradish vinegar, mustards, jams, chutneys, sauces and a range of four Panforte di Australia (quince, sambucca, ginger, siena). BIO-GRAPE range of delicious fruit pastes to serve with cheese, red wine, and chilli sauce. They are a family business, with only family members working in the business, who have been hand making certified organic and functional foods for over 25 years under their AUSTRALIAN HARVEST ORGANICS and BIO-GRAPE Brands.
Eastfield Organic Natural Food Market, Croydon South
Go Vita, Doncaster
Harvest Food Store, Fairfield
Health Food Thyme, Croydon
Jefferies, Croydon Hills
Rhubarb Rhubarb Organics, Preston
Superfruit Organic, Ivanhoe
Village Greens, Yarra Junction
Wholefood Merchants, Greensborough
Yering Station Produce Store/Winery, Yarra Glen
Notes (in their own words):
Internationally inspired gourmet blends made with Certified Organic ingredients, including curries, dukkah, relish and chai. No added colours, flavours, preservatives, GMO free, gluten-free, vegan friendly.
Certified Organic and Biodynamic fresh produce. Seasonal local organic produce such as Research raspberries, Wandin Valley blueberries, Coldstream lemons, Panton Hill garlic and Healesville free range eggs. Groceries, coffees and much more.
The Natural Food Market sells healthy foods, with a focus on whole foods. Produce is sourced as locally as possible, with a focus on seasonality and freshness. They stock both organically certified produce, as well as produce that follows the similar principles (including no preservatives, no added sugar, no numbers, ethically produced, and clear labelling of where it is grown or produced) but has not been certified.
The range of food includes: fresh, seasonal, organically certified fruit and vegetables; dried goods (pulses, wholegrains, seeds, nuts and dried fruits); various flours; teas & coffees, spreads & condiments; both gluten and gluten-free breads; and refrigerated cabinets full of dairy, tofu, meats & drinks (such as kombucha).
There are no plastic bags in the shop and customers are encouraged to bring their own containers. There is a boomerang bags dispenser for those who’ve forgotten to bring their own.
A range of producers from across the Yarra Ranges.
Notes (in their own words):
What separates the Organic Empire from the majority of other home delivery services is their unique farm to door service. They are committed to connecting communities with local farmers, artisans and food producers. Fresher foods, fair trade for farmers, better for the environment and better for your health. Their values centre on:
1. Sustainability: they only harvest and order what you order; they re-use their delivery boxes.
2. Local: much of their produce and groceries is sourced from local farmers and producers and both parties know each other.
3. Organic: most of their produce is either Certified Organic or Certified Biodynamic. Where not, it is still grown without any artificial chemicals, pesticides, herbicides or insecticides.
4. Convenience: You can shop online 24 hours a day, at whatever time is easiest for you, or place an order to have a box delivered each week.
5. Community: they promote community by empowering people to eat well through healthy life giving recipes, teaching the skills of food production from their own farm and promoting health with education.
6. Price: their priority is to make organics accessible to all, delivering the highest quality organic produce at the best available price.
Petty’s Orchard occupies 44 hectares of land and encompasses an antique apple orchard, commercial orchard, wetlands and bird hide. It is one of Melbourne’s oldest commercial orchards. It has the largest collection of heritage apple varieties on mainland Australia, including more than 200 varieties of old and rare apples.